Education and Employment
CURRICULUM VITAE of NEIL D. JONES
Position: Professor of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
(retired April 2007).
- Telephone (from other countries, add Denmark's
country code 45 as prefix):
- Home, 45 86 82 36
Home Address: Bukkeballevej 88,
DK-2960 Rungsted Kyst,
Birth: March 22, 1941 in Centralia, Illinois, USA.
Citizenship: Danish since 1991.
Languages: English, Danish, reading knowledge of French, Norwegian, Swedish;
technical articles in German.
Journal editorial boards:
- IFIP WG 2.8 Functional Programming
- European Association for Theoretical Computer Science
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Academia Europaea: member since 1999
- ACM TOPLAS (Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems).
- Logical Methods in Computer Science.
- Journal of Functional Programming.
- Nordic Journal of Computing.
- Journal of
Universal Computer Science.
- Forschungspreis der Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung: awarded in 2008.
- ACM Fellow (Association for Computing Machinery): awarded in 1998.
- Who's Who in the World: listed since 1994.
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering: listed since 1994.
- Kraks Blå bog (Denmark): listed since 1994.
- Knight of the Dannebrog Order (Danish): awarded in 1998.
- ASTEC (Advanced Software Technology), a Swedish "Competence
Center" at Uppsala (a consortium of 6 companies), 2002-2004. Focus:
pre-competitive industrially applicable techniques for software
specification, design, and development at a high level of abstraction.
- CORE (Center Of Research and Exploitation): Board member
(bestyrelse) 1999-2001. Purpose of CORE: to improve technology transfer
possibilities from the Faculty of Science at the University of
Copenhagen, to small and medium size companies in the area of "complex
Theory of computation:
- Semantics, partial evaluation, compiler generation,
program flow analysis and abstract interpretation.
- Computability and complexity, formal
complexity questions concerning programming languages.