[Logiweb] references

Martin Røpcke mrmr at diku.dk
Sat Jun 25 18:10:39 CEST 2005

>> Also, I made a hyperlink and didn't notice that \href and
>> \{lgwSomepageUrl} must be on the same line. But it appears so.
>
> I hope you mean {\lgwSomepageUrl} and not \{lgwSomepageUrl}.

Yes, sorry for misprinting.

> \href{\lgwBaseUrl}{base} denotes \href applied first to \lgwBaseUrl and then
> base. The TeX manual states that spaces after a control sequence are
> ignored so that \href{\lgwBaseUrl}{base} and \href {\lgwBaseUrl}{base} mean
> the same. A single newline counts as a space (two newlines count as a \par).
>
> If you omit braces, a command just takes the next two characters as arguments
> so that \href abc means \href{a}{b}c.
>
> If you write \href\{lgwBaseUrl}{base} then \{ is a command for producing a
> left brace so that \href\{lgwBaseUrl}{base} means
> \href{\{}{l}gwBaseUrl}{base} which is likely to fool TeX.

I wrote:

\href
{\lgwSomepageUrl}{...}

where the line break was done by my editor. The result was a long url
in the pdf document that didn't quite make sense to me:

diku.dk/cgibin/cginetd/grue/relay/go/...

where the ... stands for a numeric reference I couldn't make out.

Regard,

Martin