[Logiweb] references

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at diku.dk
Sat Jun 25 17:24:53 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

> I have had problems refering to the check page. I refer to base, peano, and
> check. The first couple of times I could compile with references to the first
> two. Then the logiweb server crashed, and I restarted it. Now, it seems that
> I can refer to all three witout problems. Don't know if this observation is
> of any use (mostly to Klaus).

Sorry. Currently, restarting the server is the only way to repear
inconsistencies between the server and the file system. Inconsistencies
arise when

(1) Deleting, moving, or overwriting previous submissions.

(2) Looking up a page in the "advanced user interface" and clicking
"delete".

Next version will have better ways to handle inconsistencies.
Unfortunately, only the person who started the server can kill it and then
restart it. All others must wait patiently until the server crashes (or
send an e-mail to the owner of the server process).

> Also, I made a hyperlink and didn't notice that \href and \{lgwSomepageUrl}
> must be on the same line. But it appears so.

I hope you mean {\lgwSomepageUrl} and not \{lgwSomepageUrl}.

\href{\lgwBaseUrl}{base} denotes \href applied first to \lgwBaseUrl and
then base. The TeX manual states that spaces after a control sequence are
ignored so that \href{\lgwBaseUrl}{base} and \href {\lgwBaseUrl}{base}
mean the same. A single newline counts as a space (two newlines count as
a \par).

If you omit braces, a command just takes the next two characters as
arguments so that \href abc means \href{a}{b}c.

If you write \href\{lgwBaseUrl}{base} then \{ is a command for producing
a left brace so that \href\{lgwBaseUrl}{base} means
\href{\{}{l}gwBaseUrl}{base} which is likely to fool TeX.

Klaus