[Logiweb] A small problem about comments

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at diku.dk
Sun Dec 3 21:12:13 CET 2006

Hi Frederik,

> Suppose you want to remove a section of your pyk file temporarily. For
> example, the section might look like this:
> You can try to remove this section temporarily by enclosing it in a
> multi-line pyk comment, like this:
>
>           (** Section begins **)
>           "[ math var a ""{ Attempted comment begins
>           "[ math (some pyk code) end math ]"
> \begin{list}
> ... some text ...
> \end{list}
>           Attempted comment ends } ]"
>
> However, this attempt won't work because the curly right parenthesis in
> "\begin{list}" ends the comment before it was supposed to be ended. Is it
> possible to change the format of mutli-line pyk comments from [ ""{ ... } ]
> into another format which is less likely to clash with the LaTeX markup?

There are no 'supercomment' features at present, sorry. But it has bugged
me too, so I will put it on my todo list. My own solution when I encounter
this problem is to use my editor to replace
   \n
with
   \n"";
(where \n is newline) for the lines I want to comment out. That works
because a ""; comment can only be terminated by newline of end-of-file.

I'm afraid the hack above will not work *always* on the version of Logiweb
installed at Diku since, as far as I recall, the sequence which starts a
one-line-comment is different when stated inside and outside strings in
that version of Logiweb. But give it a try.

Cheers,
Klaus