[Logiweb] Curious Logiwiki behavior

Robert Lamar rl47 at hw.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 18:39:40 CEST 2007

Good day,

I am a PhD student in Edinburgh, Scotland who was first introduced to
Logiweb at MKM '07 [1].  Just this month, I have finally found time to
start investigating it.  To that end, I have begun to proceed through
the tutorials at logiweb.eu [2], and have encountered some strange
behavior which I am unable to duplicate predictably.

The same problem has appeared twice:  After completing the Logiweb
Submission form [3], I submit the page (with the strings org="hwu" and
name="rlamar", if it helps) and receive the following error:

--------begin Logiwiki response--------
Frontend
Reverse lookup of
http://logiweb.eu/logiweb/wiki/hwu/rlamar/../../../page/check/latest/vector/page.lgw
Reverse lookup of
http://logiweb.eu/logiweb/wiki/hwu/rlamar/../../../page/Peano/latest/vector/page.lgw
Reverse lookup of
http://logiweb.eu/logiweb/wiki/hwu/rlamar/../../../page/base/latest/vector/page.lgw
Frontend: parsing associativity sections
Frontend: parsing body
---

\section{Theorem}
We now state Lemma 3.2l of \cite{Mendelson87}:
"[ PA lemma 3.2|
---
l : all x : 0 * x = 0 end lemma ]"
\section{Proof}
"[ PA proof of 3.2l :
---
File Form input around line 153 char 16:
No interpretations
Goodbye
--------end Logiwiki response--------

This was the verbatim response of the second of the failed attempts.
The astute reader will note that this happened while completing Tutorial
T03.  It was to be my first attempt at this tutorial.  I had similar
problems with my first attempt at Tutorial T02.

The common thread seems to be that on the occasions that the submission
failed, I either typed the exercise by hand or copied it in pieces to
the submission page.

I am sorry that my query is verbose.  Is what I describe here a known
problem?  The "No Interpretations" error is rather meaningless to me, at
this stage.

Thank you,
Robert

[1] Mathematical Knowledge Management,