[Logiweb] TeX definitions

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at diku.dk
Thu Oct 12 09:09:00 CEST 2006

> Is it possible to change the TeX definitions of included constructs? For
> example, suppose that your page references the "base" page. The "base" page
> includes the following TeX definition:
>
> "[ math tex define zero as "
> 0" end define end math ]"
>
> Now suppose that for some obscure reason, you want to display the "zero"
> construct as "ROSEBUD". I've tried to put the definition
>
> "[ math tex define zero
> as "ROSEBUD"  end define end math ]"
>
> on my page (the page "user eriksen/frozen", that is), but this seems to have
> no effect. Is there another way to do it?

At present, Logiweb only considers domestic TeX definitions (a definition
of a construct is domestic if it occurs on the page which introduces the
construct). At present, the same also holds for all other kinds of
definitons (tex name, pyk, value, etc) which Logiweb knows about.

So, at present, the solution is to define "[ math macro define zero' as 0
end define end math ]", "[ math tex define zero' as "ROSEBUD" end define
end math ]".

For the near future: Next version of Logiweb allows the user to define an
algorithm for rendering of pages. The mechanism is the same as that used
for defining a proof checker. The non-domestic definition of "[ math tex
define zero as "ROSEBUD" end define end math ]" is ignored but not
discarded by Logiweb: the definition is carefully noted in the codex and
then ignored by the default rendering mechanism. But once the custom
rendering feature is operational, that feature has access to all
definitions, including non-domestic ones, so a custom renderer may allow
to override tex definitions.

Klaus