[Logiweb] Restoring your cache

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at diku.dk
Thu Nov 16 17:07:11 CET 2006

Hi Frederik

> Today I compiled one of my .pyk files using the options
> level=submit   cache=[a cache directory of mine].
> As expected, pyk generated a file in the cache directory. However,
> subseqently I deleted this file by accident (I was trying to delete an
> obsolete cache file, but got the names wrong). Is there a way to restore the
> cache file from the submitted Logiweb page without having to recompile?

Don't worry. The pyk compiler repairs the cache automatically. You don't
have to do anything. You will just see that the pyk compiler uses more
time on a compilation next time you reference the page whose cache entry
was deleted.

If your cache grows too big, try deleting the entire cache. Then only the
entries you actually need will be regenerated.

Klaus