[Logiweb] "Repetition" & Macro definitions & Error message

Frederik Eriksen frederikeriksen at get2net.dk
Fri May 5 23:02:54 CEST 2006

Hi logiweb at diku.dk,

I have three questions:

1. I'm currently working with an axiomatic system which looks a lot like
system S from Klaus Grue's ijcar-article
(http://www.diku.dk/~grue/logiweb/20060417/home/grue/ijcar). The only
difference is that I've replaced the axiom called Neg with axiom A3 from
Mendelson. In the article, Klaus proves the lemma "Repetition" (i.e. A
|- A) using a low-level hack which I haven't quite understood (as yet).
Is there another, more neat way to prove "Repetition"?

2. Suppose you have macro defined "A ^ B" as "~(A => ~B)". When you're
writing a proof of, say, the lemma (A ^B |- A), you may want to write a
proof line saying "A ^ B really means ~(A=>~B)" in order to make things
clearer for the human reader. Is there a way to do this?

3. In one of my proofs I get the error message "Metageneralization over
metavariable that occurs free in some premise". What does this mean?
(I've made the faulty page accessible on "user eriksen"s home page under
the name of "frozen").

Best Regards
Frederik Eriksen.