[Logiweb] No .pdf files & "conditioned definitions"

Klaus Ebbe Grue grue at diku.dk
Wed May 3 12:39:20 CEST 2006

Hi Frederik,

> I have two questions:
>
> #1. When I run the pyk compiler on a certain file with the option
> "level=all", for some reason no .pdf files are generated. Both latex and
> dvipdfm are called, but they return with "result=1". I tried to run pyk on a
> "hello world" file instead, and this gave me no problems. Has anyone
> experienced the same phenomenon?

I suppose you talk about the 'equivalence-relations' page at
http://www.diku.dk/~grue/logiweb/20060417/home/eriksen/
equivalence-relations/fixed/body

When you click 'Pdf' you get a 'Not Found'.

If, instead, you click TeX, then page.log and scroll to the end of that
text, you find:

! LaTeX Error: File `page.sty' not found.
l.19 \makeindex
                ^^M
End of file on the terminal!

So you have probably copied your page from one that defines page.sty
(lines of form 'File page.sty ... End of file'), but then you have
probably deleted the definition of page.sty but kept the reference to it.

You can see what LaTeX source pyk(1) has tried to translate by clicking
page.tex instead of page.log.

In some cases it is convenient to correct the error directly in page.tex,
run latex manually on that file until the error is corrected, then correct
the error in the original equivlence-relations.pyk file and run pyk
again.

(I will return to question 2 later)

Cheers,
Klaus