Associate Professor (Lektor)
IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langaard Vej 7
2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel: +45 7218 5369
Fax: +45 7218 5001
email: phbo (at) itu (dot)dk
I joined IT University of Copenhagen in August 2009. Here is my new home page. Students should note that I will not be teaching at DIKU in the fall/winter 2009/2010 as planned last spring.
- Mana: Monitoring Remote Environments using Autonomous, Sensor network-based Data Acquisition Systems
- Jonas Fonseca is following the lead from Jan Flora and Esben Zeuthem. He is now responsible for the Re-mote testbed framework.
- Jan Flora has released his 802.15.4 stack for TinyOS and is working on inew platforms
- Jan Flora and Mikkel Thomsen are taking over the work from Martin Leopold on 8051. The TinyOS 8051 WG I am heading is thus still active.
Tuning: Principles, Experiments and Troubleshooting Techniques. Dennis
Shasha and Philippe Bonnet. Morgan Kaufmann. 2002.
- Hogthrob: Sensor Network Infrastructure for Sow Monitoring
- Badger: Database Performance on Modern Hardware Architectures
Teaching: I am teaching systems and programming classes in the area of sensor networks, distributed systems and database systems
- First-year Bachelor (CS):
- Distribution and Databases (summer 2008: sis, absalon)
- Third-year Bachelor and MsC (CS and Escience):
- Advanced Databases, Database Tuning, Database Systems Implementation
- Network Embedded Systems. Sensor networks
DBlife keeps track of what is going on in the database community
Area editor for ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Information Systems..
Sterring committee: ACM Sensys.
PC co-chair: ICDE 2008 (sensor network area), Sensys 2006, Mobiquitous 2005.
demo chair: SIGMOD 2008
PC member (2009): SIGMOD
- Marcus Chang (2006-2009), PhD
- Jan Flora, MsC
- Jonas Fonseca, MsC
- Sidsel Jensen, MsC
- Dennis Haney, MsC
- Jens Jensen, MsC
- Morten Furbo, MsC